Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I Just Can't Get Enough...of the POWERS PERSONALS!

If you're wondering what the guys you see at comic book shops & cons are *into* you definitely need to check out the Powers Personals. The thread is what I imagine a sex offender database to look like. So of course it is ridiculously funny. No really, I end up hyperventilating every time. Well sometimes that's due to the funny but most of the time it's due to the unabashed (read:disturbing) depravity. So if that sounds like your cup of tea head over to the message board and peruse at your discretion. Oh and if you're wondering why they're called the Powers Personals it's because they are printed in the back pages of Bendis & Oeming's Powers (out on ICON/MARVEL). I actually end up reading the Personals before the issue itself. Ah laughter at the expense of others is by far the most satisfying comedy!

Here's one of my favorites from the back of #27. Mostly because he managed to amass a list of interests that closely resembles my "I'll hate you forever if you like..." list.
NaughTibbittz
Man muffin of 26 years seeks opposite of loneliness in Portland, OR. I like Garfield, William Shatner, Warren Ellis, and U2, in that order. I rub my nipples in public and sing The Exposition Song in the shower. I'm a writer/artist, which means I have no money. Boston Legal is the best show on TV since they cancelled Veronica Mars and Studio 60. I call blueberries "bluebs". Powers is not one of my favorite books, so this will never see print. Cheers, dollfaces.

1 comment:

Manuel B said...

That is probably the most disturbing personal ads I've ever read. Now I'm going to be freaked out for the rest of the day looking to see if anyone near me ever rubs their nipples in public.

and of course, it goes without saying that no one under the age of 40 should like Boston Legal. It's just not natural.