Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Robbie Williams checked into Arkham Asylum???

I guess this goes under "I learn something new everyday"

The cover to Robbie Williams' 2005 album Intensive Care was designed by frequent collaborators (& Scots) Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely. The album art features predominately tarot card images much like Morrison & McKean's 1989 graphic novel, Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth.
Mmm...so maybe that's where Robbie got the name for Intensive Care. Not so much a jab at his personal history in and out of rehab centers but a veiled criticism of psychotherapy. Which I guess fits with his whole plan to create a Scientology-esque religion dedicated to aliens and celebrities. Actually now that I think about it I'm not seeing any difference between the two.

I have to admit that while I do find it interesting that Robbie teamed up with Morrison & Quitely I'm still floored by the fact that Intensive Care is his best selling album to date with 7 million copies since I cannot name one song off that album (read: the songs Millennium, Angels, Rock DJ, or Kids are not on the tracklist).

Oh and according to the ever so credible Wikipedia entry, Robbie is working on a follow-up to "Swing When You're Winning" called "Lets Swing Again". Perhaps Robbie is angry that Burnaby's Michael Bublé does the same thing and becomes a hit in North America (and subsequently gets to date compatriot Emily Blunt).

No comments: