Thursday, November 15, 2007

OMG NO SMG,SWS,DTRJ, or JT For Me!!!

I have a ritual every Wednesday evening where I check Cinema Clock to see what's heading to a cinema near me and then plan my weekend accordingly. Tonight's no exception. Except the movie that I wanted to see, 'Richard Kelly's Southland Tales', isn't opening in Vancouver or anywhere in the Lower Mainland. There have been, in the past, widely distributed movies that never opened in Vancouver but they usually fall under 'urban fare' like 'Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married?" [Though oddly Maddea's Family Reunion did have a short run]. While Vancouver is no LA or NYC it is the 3rd largest city in Canada (and home to many television and movie productions) so why isn't Southland Tales opening here this Friday??? I guess I'll have to settle for a double-bill of Cruel Intentions & The Rundown (aka Rumble in the Jungle) and reading the prequal graphic novel to get my fix. Damn you Van-City!!!!
(Though maybe I can get the neighborhood Browncoats to start a petition or something.)

No comments: