Monday, March 17, 2008

In Sequential Style-James Jean & Prada

I'm not an emotional person but these bags always make me cry tears of pure joy. While the fashionazis are dubbing these bags the "Fairy Bags" [or for you Ren-fest types "Faery Satchels"], I'm going to stay true to comics and christen the bags the "Rose Red" and the "Snow White" in homage to the oh-so-excellent Fables.
And if you're in New York or LA you can go and see the wallpaper James Jean did for the Prada stores in Soho and Beverly Hills. I had somewhat lost faith in Miuccia recently with the move of Miu Miu to Paris fashion week and the the disappearance of übermodel Harry Kinkaid from Prada campaigns. But bringing in James Jean and using his style as inspiration for an entire collection has reinvigorated my faith in Miuccia and Co. If only we could return the ad campaigns to their glory days of Jamie Bell and Maggie Gyllenhaal instead of the tired Sasha, Kirsten Dunst, and Lindsay Lohan of late.

On a side note: If you're wishing to buy my affection/esteem/soul just send me one (or more) of these bags in my direction and we'll see what we can work out.

No comments: