Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Du(t)chesses Face-Off!

I actually thought it was going to be worse. A lot worse.
So as far as expectations go (however low they were) I'd say that they were generally exceeded.
To get to the point- It was a good BBC Corset-Melodrama but with a fantastically lavish costume and makeup budget (mind you not Sofia Coppola fantasic but then again she's a Coppola so money's no object). Though it REALLY needed some more scrumptious Dominic Cooper (Mamma Mia suffered from this exact same problem). I didn't really think producers needed it spelled out but here's a freebie for you guys: Hot Guys - Shirt = Happy Movie-Goer *says the girl who saw Into the Blue in theaters*
And I'll give Keira & Crew extra points for keeping it under 2 hours. Well Barely. But hey it's a corset piece.
If you ever wondered what a Spelling Bee set to pop music would sound like...
London Bridge-Not that I don't love the track but the video is all sorts of awesomeness.
Fergalicious & Glamourous- Spelling Bee Pop in the vain of R.E.S.P.E.C.T. & C.R.U.S.H. And Fergie carves out her niche in pop---Adjectives!
Clumsy-Like all good pop this song is just plain catchy as a cold. And oh wait is that another adjective?!

Note: Being the forgiving soul that I am I will offer Fergie a reprieve for the Big Girls Don't Cry lyric "Like a child misses its blanket" even though it does make me vomit everytime I hear. Though the numerous shots of China Whites that I usually consume when the song plays could also be a factor. Maybe.

WINNER: FERGIE-With a solid win!
While Keira's Duchess is definitely watchable (and perhaps enjoyable to some) Fergie's Dutchess is really the Gift that Keeps on Giving. Just try listening to Fergalicious only once. See it's impossible!

No comments: