Friday, August 15, 2008

Don't Mess with Texas Women!

Huge Kudos to Plano's Nastia Liukin for winning the Gold in the Women's Individual All-Around.

Sorry for the lack of updates but I'm such an Olympics fangirl that I stay glued to all the NBC channels 24/7. Surprising I know! I just love how educational watching the games can be. Like learning that their is a game called handball and, subsequently, that Eastern Europeans are very good at it. But my favorite event bar none is gymnastics. The names Alexi Nemov & Svetlana Khorkina still bring tears in my eyes. Every time I saw Liukin on the uneven bars all I could think was that I totally miss that diva Svetlana Khorkina. They don't make fierce like that anymore. I mean that literally. Since the fall of the USSR the Russians have gotten soft. But the girls from Stick It said it best- "It's not called gymNICEtics."

On a final note I've got to admit that I'm completely gaga over Alexander "Sasha" Artemev's Pommel Horse routine. Seriously OMG!


No comments: