Sunday, January 20, 2008

Daniel Day-Lewis Brings All the Boys to the Yard

There Will Be Blood is absolutely brilliant. But you don't need me to tell you that since it's on a bajillion critics' lists. Though I must point out this one scene in the movie where you truly get owned by DDL :


BTW: Atonement can bite it.
The best thing it had going for it was A) James MacAvoy & B) the 5 and half minute tracking shot on the shore. But lets face it folks this has become the most overrated movie of the year. In all honesty, I liked Pride & Prejudice better. And not just because it had the always brilliant Tom Hollander. But that does play a large part.

1 comment:

mB said...

Ha!
You do mean: BECAUSE it had the brilliant Tom Hollander ;)
I caught TWBB tonight (yay Regal Theatres @ Lincoln Rd, MIA) and I'm torn whether say TWBB > Atonement. They both start really well and both stray somewhat and linger too much towards the end.
But the milkshake scene will become a classic. But won't the library scene as well? (Played in my head with ME in the green dress going at it with James of course)